Thursday 17 September 2009

Deadlines are overrated

Oops, have just seen how long it is since I pledged to do the CVs for my main characters. And I've done absolutely nowt about it since. Until yesterday that is, where I got the isnpiration to dig out the CV and novel structure templates from uni and print them along with a couple of my creative writing assessment pieces to read through.
The saving grace is that I have been forming rough character ideas in my head so it should be relatively easy to stick those on paper. And I've got a 10-hour plane trip to Florida next Friday to fill, so in essence it's quite good I've been so lazy as I can dedicate that time to the novel :-)

In other news, Theme Park Camp went well (Sept 4-6)- the Explorer Scouts loved Thorpe Park and I got to dress as a pint of Guinness at the fancy dress disco, woop woop! The Wednesday after that, September 9, Carrie and I went to watch England trash Croatia 5-1 at Wembley to head straight into the World Cup. It was a fantatsic day in the capital and I was well impressed by Carrie's parents' place in Sevenoaks (where we stayed after the match).
After a fleeting visit back to Exeter to get my hair done and Explorers on the Thursday night, I headed to Brighton on Friday (Sept 11) for a weekend with Robin. Had the best time - wandered around the Laines, watched Panorama being filmed at the Food Festival and enjoyed the most side-splitting night of stand-up at Komedia on the Saturday, followed by a couple of bars. Good times. I'm also now the proud owner of a Little Miss Trouble t-shirt, thanks to Robin :-) Sunday was spent mooching along the seafront (and getting addicted to the 2p machines on the Pier) and having a nose at the motorbike festival there. After a lovely meal at Italian restaurant Donatello's, involving killer lemon sorbet, it was time to say goodbye and head back to Exeter.
Right, I've got a Letters page to put together, so best be off. But those character CVs and a novel outline will be done by the time I get back from disneyland. Promise........

No comments:

Post a Comment