Sunday 30 August 2009

Sunday, Sunday, here again...

Hellooooo - can't believe it's the end of August already, where has this year gone?
I've made absolutely zero progress on the novel since August 19, but will amend that accordingly over the next fortnight by writing character profiles for my six main protagonists. These will follow the format I was taught in Creative Writing at uni, ending up like CVs of the characters, featuring their physical and emotional attributes. Clarifying the kind of people they are in this way establishes how they would react to certain situations as the story unfolds, therefore allowing them to steer events rather than vice versa.
Once these are ready, I'm going to skectch out a rough plotline in a flow chart, then begin drafting the first chapter. I've decided to do the stables story, as that's the one that's clearest in my mind so I wouldn't be starting completely from scratch. By Christmas my aim is to have three chapters drafted. I figure once it's down on paper, I have forever to play around with it.

In other news, it was brilliant having Robin to stay last weekend - we did the Exeter Underground Passages
tour, had a lovely meal at Cafe Rouge, watched Coco Before Chanel at the Picturehouse (awesome film, totally gripping) and spent a very chilled out afternoon sat in the sunshine outside the Prospect Inn on the Quay. Perfect.
Scout training session on Friday night involved a trip to Bideford. It was Module 19 International and really interesting. Turned into quite an adventure as instead of going with my instincts for the journey home, I relied on the SatNav....
Theme Park Camp is looming for next weekend - excited yet apprehensive. Just want it out of the way now to be honest.
It's dad's birthday on Wednesday and I have no idea what to get him, so gonna tootle into town later and see what I can find. Phone call to mum necessary first though, methinks.
Last night was fun - having seen Jen in the morning and spent the afternoon at Gran's gardening with mum and dad, I joined Carrie and Anna for a night of drink and dancing in town. It was a giggle, I discovered Savanna cider and got Chesney Hawkes' 'The One and Only' played in the club on request - yey!
Having eased myself into a hungover Sunday gently watching Peep Show over breakfast, it's time to head shower-wards - Carrie and I have called off the rope swing adventure for the time being so the day is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment