Wednesday 19 August 2009

Inspiration strikes!

Since the weekend my head's been buzzing with potential ideas for what I should write. My top three so far have been the adventures of a crime-fighting hedgehog (major potential for serialisation, which is cool); some kind of zombie-led shenanigans (thanks Robin :-) ) and a tale about a riding stables. This last idea is based on the play script I wrote when I was eight and directed in front of my primary school peers - totally stressful thing to do but kinda fun. Anyhoo, the basic premise is that the stables gets into financial difficulties because of some really nasty characters the reckless owner knows, and faces closure, but by overcoming several sticky situations the heroic staff eventually save the day (and two of them fall in love in the process - gotta have a romance angle, right? :-)

Meantime, I'm busy organising a camp for Taw Explorer Scouts to Thorpe Park at the beginning of September, watching far too many films for my eyes to cope with (Harry Potter 6, Revolutionary Road, Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Atonement since Sunday - not bad going, eh?) and looking forward to the weekend as Robin's coming to visit.

For the record Harry Potter and Atonement were awesome, but wasn't so sure about the other two.

And Facebook may be taking over my life....

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Cookie. I'm looking forward to the day when I can see you on TV promoting your latest in a long line of best-sellers and I can tell everyone, "I used to work with her!" I have a blog too, as you can see from this comment. Drop over for a visit. Good luck, star-in-the-making. Pat (NDJ) XXX

    ReplyDelete